Samsung is set to unveil the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 later this week, and now the full specs for both devices have been leaked, leaving few surprises for Samsung to reveal.
In a pair of messages, WinFuture actually leaked pretty much everything surrounding the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z flip 4. Here’s how it breaks down.
Galaxy Z Fold 4 Specifications
Starting with the Galaxy Z Fold 4, the specs seem to match many of the rumors we’ve heard so far, including the use of a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, 7.6-inch screen with a report wider in appearance and the punchy addition of a 50MP rear camera. This new camera also comes with OIS.
Apparently, the 1TB storage option is also still on the table at least for some regions, while the phone retains the same 4,400mAh and 25W max charging speed. That’s also rumored that the under-screen camera will be improved on this generation.
The full base specs of the Galaxy Z Fold 4 according to WinFuture are the following:
- Outdoor display: 6.2-inch 2316 x 904, 120Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus+
- Indoor display: 7.6 inch 2176 x 1812, 120Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ gen 1
- RAM/Storage: 12GB RAM, 256GB/512GB/1TB storage (regional)
- Camera: 50MP primary with OIS, 12MP ultrawide, 10MP 3x telephoto, 10MP external selfie, 4MP internal selfie underscreen camera
- Battery and charging: 4400mAh, 25W wired, 15W wireless
- Various : NFC, fingerprint reader, eSIM, S Pen support, IPx8
- Dimensions: 155.1 x 67.1 x 15.8mm closed, 155.1 x 130.1 x 6.3mm open
- Lester: 254g
According to this report, the Fold 4 will have a price of 1,799 euros.
Galaxy Z Flip 4 Specifications
Samsung’s most popular series, the Galaxy Z Flip, also gets an in-depth leak of its latest entry. WinFuture further reports that the Galaxy Z Flip 4 will live up to the leaks with a major battery boost, updated dimensions, and the expected Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor. following.
- Outdoor display: 1.9 inches 512 x 260
- Indoor display: 6.7 inch 2640 x 1080 120Hz
- Processor: Snapdragon 8+ gen 1
- RAM/Storage: 8GB RAM, 128GB storage (256GB confirmed to other sources)
- Camera: 12MP primary, 12MP ultrawide, 10MP selfie
- Battery and charging: 3700mAh, 25W wired, 15W wireless
- Various : Fingerprint sensor, NFC, IPx8
- Dimensions: 84.9 x 71.9 x 17.1mm closed, 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9mm open
- Lester: 187g
Apparently, the Flip 4 will cost 1,099 euros.
Here’s how the main specs compare to Fold 3 and Flip 3
The big question here, of course, is how it compares to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip 3.
Looking at Samsung’s biggest foldable first, there are some obvious changes. The inner screen changes from a 5:4 aspect ratio to 21.6:18, leading to a wider and shorter overall canvas, despite being the same size across its diagonal. The outer display is also wider at 23.1:9 compared to the Fold 3’s notoriously narrow 25:9.
The camera situation on the Fold 4 is even better, with the 50MP camera being a huge upgrade over the Fold 3’s 12MP shooter. 3x compared to the typically mediocre 2x of the Fold 3.
Perhaps one of the most impactful changes in the end is physical height and weight. The Fold 4 reportedly weighs just 254g, less than 30g more than the Galaxy S22 Ultra and nearly 20g less than the Fold 3. When closed, the Fold 4 also measures 15.8mm in weight. thickness, down slightly from 16mm at the Fold 3’s thickest point.
On the Flip 4 side, the changes are less obvious. The battery is by far the biggest upgrade, with the jump from 3300mAh to 3700mAh likely providing the extra endurance that was needed from the The Flip 3’s pretty awful battery life. Charging is also increased from 15W wired to 25W wired, which is great to see.
The other change is to the camera array, which sees the main sensor stick with 12MP resolution, but get an increase in output thanks to the switch sensors, whereas the Flip 3 had a 12MP sensor at 1, 4 µm, the Flip 4’s camera is 1.8 µm. This should result in better low-light performance.
And in terms of dimensions, the Flip 4 is actually quite a bit smaller than the Flip 3. While last year’s phone measured 86.4 x 72.2 x 17.1mm when closed, the Flip 4 measures 84.9 x 71.9 x 17.1mm. This makes the Flip 4 a bit narrower and shorter than the previous device.
Samsung will officially unveil the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 on August 10, and reservations are now open for both phones as well as the Galaxy Watch 5 series on the Samsung website. These free bookings can bring in buyers up to $200 in extra credits on their purchase, too.
Learn more about Samsung:
FTC: We use revenue-generating automatic affiliate links. After.