Jimmy Fallon, Lorne Michaels, Tracy Morgan ‘Enabled Sexual Assault and Battery’ – Rolling Stone

The woman who has already sued the former SNL star Horatio Sanz request the court to add jimmy fallon, SNL Creator Lorne Michaelsand Tracy Morgan to her sexual assault court case.

The the lawsuit was originally filed in 2021 by an unnamed Jane Doe, who accused Sanz of sexually assaulting and grooming her when she was a teenager in the early 2000s. The lawsuit originally listed 20 unnamed people SNL cast and crew members as co-defendants, with Doe accusing Sanz of “kissing her, fondling her breasts, fondling her buttocks, and digitally forcibly penetrating her genitals without consent” at a SNL afterparty “an overview of the attendees, including NBC employees”.

According to a statement from Doe’s attorneys, the amended complaint was made possible by changes to New York City’s upcoming Gender-Based Violence Act (GMVA). The law – which will come into force on March 1, 2023 – will allow victims to sue both abusers and enablers, and will also include a two-year “closing window” for expired claims.

Doe’s lawsuit was amended on Tuesday to include a new cause of action under the GMVA that claims Sanz’s alleged sexual assault and assault was a “felony.”[s] of violence” and “crime[s] gender-based violence” as defined by the new law. He also claims that NBC, Michaels, Fallon, and Morgan “allowed Sanz’s crimes of sexual assault and battery” and that NBC, Sanz, Michaels, Fallon, and Morgan “allowed each other’s crimes to be dealt with. unlawfully with a child and endangering the well-being of a child.

“Sanz and his enablers lured Jane into their celebrity world and made her feel like a cool kid for drinking and partying with a bunch of famous adults,” Doe’s attorney Susan Crumiller said. , in a press release. “Instead, they destroyed his life. Jane has spent the past two decades struggling with the repercussions of what they did to her. now it’s their turn. We look forward to holding NBC, Sanz and everyone else who allowed this disgusting behavior accountable when the GMVA lookback window opens in March.

Representatives for Fallon, Michaels and Morgan did not return immediately rolling stone‘s requests for comments. A representative for NBC said rolling stone that “regardless of Jane Doe’s changing narratives, NBC intends to renew its motion to dismiss”.

NBCUniversal attempted to dismiss the lawsuit in April, saying it took no responsibility for Sanz’s behavior off the show. “Employers have no general obligation to protect third parties from the possibility of sexual abuse by their employees,” the network wrote at the time.

Sanz’s attorney, Andrew Brettler, had no further comment when contacted by rolling stone, but has previously stated that “this individual’s claims regarding Horatio Sanz are categorically false. As often as she repeats her ridiculous claims or tries to tap other high profile names for media attention, they will always be wrong. Before filing this complaint anonymously, she demanded 7.5 million dollars in exchange for her silence. We have, of course, refused and will vigorously contest these totally unfounded claims.

In her lawsuit, Doe said she ran a Fallon fan site from 1999 to 2002, and that Fallon and Sanz emailed her from an NBC account in January 2000. She said she attended a SNL and first met Sanz in October 2000, with the suit describing Sanz as “flirtatious and physically affectionate with the 15-year-old girl…kissing her cheek and putting her hands on her waist”.

The lawsuit also includes allegations that Doe was allowed to attend another SNL afterparty in May 2001 where she received alcohol while underage. She also claimed that Sanz began instant messaging her online in August 2001, asking for photos of Doe and leading “chats to discuss sex, sexual experiences, sexual fantasies, and masturbation.” The aforementioned allegation that Sanz groped her at an afterparty allegedly took place in May 2002.

Additional reporting by Cheyenne Roundtree

Leave a Comment