Olivia Wilde not surprised that Jason Sudeikis serves papers

Olivia Wilde has accused her ex-fiancé Jason Sudeikis of trying to ‘sabotage’ her by having custody papers served at CinemaCon, calling the decision “appalling.”

The ‘Don’t Worry Darling’ director, 38, opened up about the “really vicious” April incident in a Variety interview published on Wednesday.

“Unfortunately, it wasn’t something that completely surprised me,” she admitted.

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde
Olivia Wilde wasn’t surprised that Jason Sudeikis tried to “sabotage” her with custody papers at CinemaCon.
WireImage

“I mean, there’s a reason I left that relationship.”

Wilde noted that the only people “suffering” from the decision were the former couple’s son, Otis, and daughter, Daisy.

“They will have to see this, and they should never have to know what happened. The victims were children aged 8 and 5, and it’s really sad,” she said.

Olivia Wilde
“There’s a reason I left that relationship,” the director told Variety.
Zoe McConnell for Variety

“I chose to become an actress; I voluntarily stepped into the limelight,” Wilde continued. “But it’s not something my kids asked for. And when my children are dragged into this, it is deeply painful.

The ‘Booksmart’ manager insisted she wasn’t ‘distracted’ when she received the documents in a manila envelope, saying: ‘I had a job to do. It was my workplace. »

Olivia Wilde
She called the decision an “attack” from which only her children “suffered”.
Getty Images

That said, the “attack” distracted from the “work of so many different people,” Wilde added, as she gave the first glimpse of “Don’t Worry Darling” during the event.

“It was really upsetting,” she said. “It shouldn’t have happened. There was a huge security breach, which is really scary.

The “House” alum said the timing “required foresight,” explaining that attendees had to “jump” hurdles for “special badges, as well as special COVID tests that had to be done days at a time. advance, which gave you bracelets that were needed to gain access.”

Wilde had previously criticized Sudeikis, 46, saying in a court filing earlier this month that she was served “in the most aggressive way possible”.

At the time, a source close to the actor told Page Six that he had “no prior knowledge of when or where the envelope” would be delivered.

The old couple broken in 2020 and are fight for custody of their two children.

Jason Sudeikis, Olivia Wilde, Otis and Daisy
The former couple share son Otis and daughter Daisy.
WireImage

Wilde told Variety that she and the “Ted Lasso” star currently share custody.

“They are my world,” she said after describing home-cooked breakfasts, bedtimes and school breaks with Otis and Daisy. “They are my best friends.”

Jason Sudeikis and Olivia Wilde
Wilde and Sudeikis were together from 2011 to 2020.
WireImage

The filmmaker, who is currently in a relationship with Harry Stylesthen applauded the criticism she received for dating as a mother.

“When people don’t see me with my children, it’s always “How dare she,” she shared. “I’ve never seen anyone say that about a guy. And if he’s with his kid, he’s a fucking hero.

Leave a Comment